Skip to main content

The best laid plans of mice and men...

To quote an adaptation of "To a Mouse" by Robert Burns...."The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry."



However, this plan isn't awry it is AWESOME! Superman (he really is super, and not just for this, the Lord blessed me with a wonderful husband) gave me the green light to get my Sisterlocks earlier if I so desire.  And guess what?! I SO desire!

I am waiting to hear back from my future consultant to solidify my establishment dates!

Of course I excitedly texted T to share this wonderful turn of events. (Read more about T here). Did I  mention how great she is? Notice how she keeps me from being too caught up in my plan - which I had to bemoan LOL!


I have already begun implementing a compressed version of my plan.







I have selected 3 dates for establishment with coordinating consultation dates that have taken into account: work schedules, school schedules, my Mom's Wedding, holidays, consultant's availability, current exercise challenge, and the first few months of estimated re-tightening dates (also known as re-ties).




Here are the proposed dates I emailed to my first choice future consultant. I will have to change the pace of several posts that I have scheduled for future release. Expect at least 3 posts the month of September!



Of course the first question I asked was what are her hours for November and December.


Preferred Date Option #1
Consultation: Week of December 14
Establishment: December 30th and 31st


Preferred Date Option #2
Consultation: Week of December 14th
Establishment: December 29th and 30th




Preferred Date Option #3
Consultation: Week of November 2nd
Establishment: November 20th and 21st


If my first two choices for consultants doesn't have an opening in these date options, then I will wait until March.


Aside from these changes, the length of my hair is a question mark. I have been wearing protective styles and typically retain length without any major issues. I am curious as to how long my hair will be (post shrinkage) after I have my locs installed. That was my biggest apprehension about moving up the establishment date, however reading several bloggers' comments about wishing they had enjoyed the shorter lengths more (faster drying time, holding curls better, increased re-tie time, etc) put me at ease.


So, that's the plan, but you know what they say about plans... (scroll back to the top of this post)


Update (9.30.2015)- Due to a scheduling conflict on MY part, I won't be able to keep my original establishment date. I contacted my consultant who rescheduled me for November 12th and 13th! One week earlier than my original date! Whoohoo!

Comments

Tia Anthony said…
Whoooooooo hooooo! I am so excited for you. And your preferred dates shall be available because Jesus is cool like that and He loves you! LoL!
P31Diva said…
You are such a great encourager! Thanks for leaving a comment and being the FIRST commenter on my blog LOL!

She emailed me and said due to travel schedule, that she could only accommodate Option 3. YIPEE!

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment