Skip to main content

Meet my Bestie!

Superman claims that I only befriend other people with natural hair. So not true- I have one friend (I love her like a sister) who wears her hair relaxed...sorry B! I love you for more than being my one relaxed hair friend.

Meet T...



T on our most recent running date
 
How we met: I used to frequent one of her old jobs. We would chat while I was in line. Our running joke is that I wanted to ask her for her number, but in this day and age, I didn't want her to mistake my intentions. Eventually, one of Superman's best friends started to date her! <insert the little happy jig I performed when he relayed the news> The rest is history. T and her hubby were soon married and I had my bestie!

Favorite Activities together: We have a bi-monthly running date. I am an exerciser who runs; she is a runner. I am training for a half-marathon vicariously through her. She even runs with her dog. How cool is that?!

T on the Left
What I like most about her: She is so caring and has a great sense of humor. She is a fellow believer, a devoted wife and a wonderful God-Mother to Batman and Ironman. And she accepts me and all my quirks. She encourages me to throw caution to the wind and not take myself so seriously (jay-walking, my infamous illegal U-turn, etc). She loves my children as her own. She can also dance: ballet, praise, hip-hop, etc. They are going to have 6 beautiful and healthy children by the way- and I will be all-time AUNTIE! Here's her dream family car is a Mercedes Sprinter. (Google it)

Cool facts about our friendship: Our wedding anniversaries are one day apart! Different years, but one day apart nonetheless!

I sent T the draft of my post featuring her,  and she filled in her bio as written below.

Natural Hair Bio: She (my hair) has a mind of her own. She's big, beautiful, with tons of personality. Thrives in protective styles but loves to be free and seen!
 
Years natural: 5
 
Signature Style: A flat twist out. It is my go to style that always comes out just how I like it... EXCEPT those times it didn't have time to dey completely and it ended up a hot mess... but I digress.
 
Maintenance Regimen: in a protective style with added hair/weave I basically do nothing! The most is spray my hair with a conditioning spray,  I may oil my scalp but that's it. Its gross I  know, but....
 
When my hair is free... Jesus what do I do? I wash and condition/detangle in the shower.  Rinse all that goodness out. Apply my deep conditioner, put on a plastic bag (i.e. Walmart, Target shopping bag), I may use a heat cap or just put on a warm hat to generate body heat. Let that do its thing for 45 minutes rinse and towel dry. I let my hair get about 60-70% dry.  If not, that mess u discussed earlier will occur.
 
I use the LOC method (liquid,  oil, cream) when applying products. These vary so whatever works for you use that.  The order is what's important. Also I do it to each section that I am about to twist.  Not the whole head at 1 time. I've found you use more product that way and all of your strands won't get coated. FYI...

Flat twist my head. I may use perm rods on the end I may not. Lately the rods have been given me everything!
 
T on her wedding day rocking a FABULOUS perm rod twist out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment