Skip to main content

And the consultant is...

I put all the high needs, high wants, low needs, low wants into a table, weighted each category and then selected the consultant that met my criterion. It is a well known FACT- that the following table is full of MY OPINIONS.


HIGHLY IMPORTANT items are listed in PINK
IMPORTANT items are listed in BLUE
OTHER items are listed in BLACK



My ideal responses are in GREEN



Consultant A
Consultant B
Consultant C
Consultant D
Located in a traditional Salon?
Yes
Yes
No, home salon
No, home salon
Certified Consultant?
Yes, also Certified Teaching Associate and R-Certified
Yes, trained by Consultant A
No, Sisterlocks Practitioner/Trainee
Yes
Shampoo included in retightening service?
Yes
No, but shampoo services are available
Not sure, but shampoo services are available *
No, and not sure if shampoo services available
Quality of work for ESTABLISHMENTS(pictures from website/social media)
Excellent
Excellent
Excellent
Great
Wears Sisterlocks?
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Keeps an Appointment Book; Provides Receipts
Yes, online booking and payment system
Yes, online booking and payment system
Not sure- I would assume pen/paper
Not sure- I would assume pen/paper
Establishment Fee
$$$
$$$
$$
$$
Retightening Fee
$$$ (up to 3 hours)
$$$ (up to 3 hours)
$$ (flat fee if new growth is less than a certain length)
$$ (up to 3 hours, $ for each additional hour)
Possibility of Team Establishment of my SLs? (read my post HERE)
Likely
Likely
Not Likely
Not Likely
Distance
2 hours
2 hours
1.5 hours
1 hour
Offers Styling Services
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Email Response time
Less than 6 hours
Less than 12 hours
3 days
Less than 12 hours
Number of other Certified Sisterlocks Consultants at Salon?
Two (2)
Two (2)
None- sole proprietor at home salon
None- sole proprietor at home salon

*At the time I made my final decision, the shampoo service was not available. In the timeframe between my decision and the actual posting of this article, the home salon was moved and shampoo services are available. The distance has also changed. I am basing this belief/assumption off changes in pictures posted on social media.


Here's the plan (clearly, this was written before my Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men posts)...
  • I will reach out to Consultant A to schedule a consultation, establishment and follow-up retightening dates. Since I will be at a distance, I will schedule them at the same time.
  • If there is a scheduling conflict- I will reach out to Consultant B.
    • I want to have my SLs established during Batman and Ironman's school break since I will be away from home for potentially two days. I don't want Superman (though while he is perfectly capable) to have to actually break out his cape. (NO CAPES! In my Edna Mood voice)
  • I will switch to Consultant D for retightening services after my locs have settled or 6 months, whichever comes first. My best friend T met a woman with SLs who goes to Consultant D for re-ties and spoke favorably about her work. Side note: the lady's establishment was done out of state; she relocated to the area not too long ago
  • I will take the retightening class taught by Consultant A no later than year 2 of having my SLs established

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment