Skip to main content

Loc Rock Stars Feature:: MizzNette100

My months of research and reading blogs turned up several Loc Rock Stars, one of whom is MizzNette100. She has a well-documented Sisterlocks journey on both youtube and her blog. She has been so kind and welcoming in answering my questions via comments and email.  I contacted her about a month ago and asked if she would be so kind as to be a guest blogger on Locs, Sweat and Heels and she said yes!

Left: 4 Months; Right: 2 years
Source: locslovelife.com


What made you decide to wear Sisterlocks?
I have a couple of friends with Sisterlocks. I would always admire how great their locks looked and how well they styled their hair. I immediately fell in love with the idea of them but never pursued it. When I finally did it was a daunting processing but I am happy I followed through. 

Best advice for newbie loc-rockers
Don’t get caught up in other Sisterlock wearers' locks. Try not to compare your locks with theirs. Every one’s journey will be different and you have to learn what works and what doesn’t work for you. Develop your own journey and be happy finding out the different aspects of this lifestyle.

If you could restart your loc journey, what would you do differently?
Honestly I don’t think there is anything I would do differently. If anything I would have gotten them sooner.

Favorite "Go To" Style
If anyone follows my journey, especially if they watch my Youtube videos (mizznette100) they would know I love a mean curl!! Primarily because curls don’t stress my locks, which is very important in your journey. You don’t want any styles that will stress the roots of your locks.

Hair Goals
1.       To keep my journey as ‘natural’ as possible
2.      Apply Color someday (kind of contradicts # 1 right, lol? But I want a coloring system with natural origins)
3.      Have closed ends (if you watch my Youtube channel you’ll understand lol)
4.      Maintain healthy locks

Most common question/comment you get about your hair?
1.      I LOVE your Sisterlocks
2.      How long did it take to put those in?
3.      Can you take them out? How long will that take?

Nicest compliment you have received about your hair?
Your Sisterlocks are absolutely beautiful!


How long from the time you decided to loc/began researching that you actually had your Sisterlocks established?
I cannot recall how long it was but I will say it didn’t take too long after I decided I wanted to go for it. If I had to guess I would say a month. I watched countless hours of youtube videos and reached out to my 2 friends who had Sisterlocks. Asked them so many questions they were probably tired of me lol.

Has wearing locs changed your perspective on natural hair, beauty, etc?
Yes it actually has. It’s sad to say this and I hope no other woman takes offense to it but I really want black women to start embracing their natural hair beauty. Certain regimens (i.e. weaves and sew-ins) can be detrimental to the health of our natural tresses. And honestly embracing my natural hair has been the best decision I have ever made and will continue to make.

Do you ever see yourself wearing your hair loose natural or relaxed again?
As of today, no! I finally feel like I’ve found something that truly works for me and I am going to stick with it. I do not know what the future holds but I can see myself rocking Sisterlocks for a good while.

Will you consider coloring your Sisterlocks? If so, what color(s)?
Yes!! This is actually one of my hair goals. But before I do I will one make sure my Sisterloctian says it’s ok and two that I’ve done plenty of research on a coloring system that will not damage the integrity of my locks. And the color I’m contemplating would be some shade of brown.

Favorite hair product/tool/accessory?
My current favorite hair product would be the Sisterlocks Deep Moisturizing Treatment. I love the way it conditions and moisturizes my locks. I don’t have a favorite tool or accessory as of yet.

If your hair had it's own motto- what would it be and why?
Great question! I would say “Embrace this journey. For it yields much patience and in the end the results will be so well worth it.”

Social Media Contact:
IG: @mzznette
Youtube: youtube.com/MizzNette100
Blog Address: http://locslovelife.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment