Skip to main content

The Sweat Factor

I saw a meme that read, "Sweat is your fat crying." Well, my fat cries itself to sleep every night LOL! I feel like I sweat past what would be considered normal, but I also exercise past what is considered "normal."

 
I posed the question to the Yahoo! Lock It Up group members to glean any tips and tricks that fellow loc-rockers are using to avoid 2 things: slippage and smelly hair. It's been close to 4 weeks and no one has responded. From what I can tell, the list-serv isn't as active as it once was, that being said- I was still expecting some type of response. Oh, well.

 
Following are a list of things (in no particular order) I plan to do, not do, wear, not wear, etc to avoid slippage and smelly hair.
  • Blow my hair dry on cool- just makes sense to me and I don't see how cool air could hurt anything. (When I went back and re-watched the video in item 3, I noticed that this was also a tip from Chescalocs.)
  • NOT put my hair into ponytails. This will stretch my hair when it is wet and disrupt the loc'ing process. (per this article from an avid exerciser who has Sisterlocks)
  • Wear a wicking headband to keep my hair off my face (I ordered 2 from a website per Chescalocs, and they work. I have been using them the past few months, but I also cut a pair of $4 leggings and felt I got a similar effect- if you want to know more about that, just leave a comment. I also saw some headbands in various stores that seemed to be made of Lycra material.
  • I am wary of concocting any spritz formulations without PRIOR approval from my consultant. Yes, it's my hair, but I am also paying (top dollar I might add) her for expertise. My nape area is extremely soft and is more loosely curled. I have also read that it seems commonplace to experience slippage in the nape area. I don't want to hinder my progress by going renegade and then paying for it in increased re-tie time/fees. Not to mention the extreme side-eye I would get from Superman- his whole family has this "scowl." Trust me- YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE THE RECIPIENT OF THE SCOWL!
  • Shampoo my hair...myself?! Not initially, but I will be sure to bundle/braid/band when I do so.
  • Regularly wash my hair scarves, workout headbands, etc. I do this already- just thought I would add it.
  • Maintain regular re-tie appointments. I already have my January re-tie scheduled.
For those of you current loc rockers (traditional, interlock, free form, semi-free form, etc) what tips do you have?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment