Skip to main content

Sisterlocks on Vacation

We had the amazing honor and privilege to be invited by some dear friends and mentors to Florida. Superman, Batman, Ironman and I enjoyed the time together as a family!
 
I thought I should document the experience from a Sisterlocks  newbie perspective. I shampooed my locs the day before we left so that my hair would be fresh for all the hugging.
 
Day 1
I joined Batman and Ironman in the kiddie splash area. Some child sprayed me and my locs with a water cannon! They did not get soaked, but my ends were wet.

I am sure there is a little sand in my hair from Ironman and Batman kicking around at the beach.

There may be chalk in my hair from when I went on the trapeze!

Day 2
I made 2 small braids to protect my slippage-prone temple areas. Then, I pulled my locs into a puffy ponytail during trapeze lessons. By the end of the night, my locs felt stringy from being pulled up/back. More chalk dust I am sure.

It was very cold;  no water play,  but my little superheroes did romp around in the sand.  Batman decided to throw sand into the water-  I managed to duck,  but I am probably carrying a few grains in my scalp.

I visited the fitness center and got in a much needed workout.  It felt good to break a clothes drenching, out of breath, phew-I-need-a-shower-because-I-smell-like-onions sweat. I haven't gone overboard by most standards,  but I have eaten a bit heavier than normal.

Day 3
The steam from my shower revitalised my hair. My edges were safely protected by my Turbie Band.

I did not pull my hair up during trapeze (more chalk dust), and my hair got wet in the rain after dinner.

Day 4
The weather was biting! It was very cold outside. We stayed in for the majority of the day and enjoyed the amenities of the beautiful rental home we were blessed to share with some friends. My hair was kind of sticking up all over the place towards the top/front. I "lost" my side part if that makes sense. It just would not lay as I desired. Looking forward to a thorough shampoo session followed by a satin roller set. I miss my curls!

Overall Thoughts
My hair was such a no -issue for the trip. I threw my satin pillowcase, a few ponytail holders and a turbie band into my bag and that was ALL I really needed for my hair!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment