Skip to main content

Hmm? Two consultants for Sisterlocks (TM) establishment?

So...my Mother is old-school southern superstitious about certain things. Hair is towards the top of the list. Here is a quick run-down and please comment if you have ever heard, adhered to or have any additions.

  1. Never throw your hair away- always burn it to keep "birds from making a nest out of your hair."
  2. Never let ANYONE (grade school photographers, classmates, heck- even The POPE) "play" with/in your hair. If you were not my Mother- you didn't touch my hair. Period.
  3. NEVER LET TWO PEOPLE TOUCH YOUR HAIR AT THE SAME TIME- YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!

I have only been to a "braiding shop" once and one person worked on my hair. The experience was horrible and I won't hijack this post to talk about everything that went wrong.

That being said, while I never understood these things, especially items 1 and 3, I diligently adhered to these threats/warnings/rules. Superman's Mother (I loved that woman and miss her all the time.) was a cosmetologist. She explained Rule/Threat #3 as following: no two people do anything the EXACT same way, so if you have two people style your hair- you will have two different hairstyles. It may be subtle, but they will be different.



I have spent several hours over multiple "thinking sessions" in my decision to have my SLs established and here are my feelings/thoughts.

  • While multiple certified consultants at a salon would be a blessing in the case of a scheduling conflict with my consultant- an additional set of certified hands increases the probability of Rule/Threat #3 being violated.

  • I do plan to bring this concern/question up during my consultation. My preference is for ONE consultant to perform my entire installation, however, if their policy is two consultants to speed up the process, I will not be asinine about it.

  • I am willing to concede so long as consultant A does the FRONT and consultant B does the BACK. I am not willing to have them complete left and right sides. I feel this will minimize the possible outcome of violating Rule/Threat#3 as explained by my  Mother-in-Love.


Lastly, since I will be travelling a distance for my establishment, this may keep me from having to get a hotel room. This scenario (two consultants) would also give me a greater level of comfort if I did have to schedule with another consultant  due to a scheduling conflict- I would choose the consultant that assisted with my establishment.


UPDATE (11.03.2015)
During my consultation, my consultant did share with me her plan to have a 2nd certified Sisterlocks consultant assist with my establishment. I did inquire how this would be done to achieve uniformity. She explained that she will do all the sectioning which will allow the other consultant to only establish the locking pattern. I now know that Sisterlocks establishments should be completed from Front to Back, and so my side-to-side preference would have been all wrong LOL! That's why I am paying a professional. I am completely at ease with this decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment