Skip to main content

T-Minus 8 Months...why am I starting this blog so early?

Yes, I am one of "those" people. I am a planner. I plan to plan. I have backup plans. I have even planned to NOT plan events (i.e. chose not to find out the gender of my children until birth so that I could purposely not plan every color scheme, outfit, etc).

So why am I starting this blog so early? Because I am a planner. It's what I do. And I figured I would share my pre-locking thoughts, plans and excitement with you. This will also allow me time to figure out this whole blogging thing so that I can know how to add pictures, videos, links, etc (again, I am planning a learning curve with this blog).


Here's my plan at a high overview level:

  • June 2015-January 2016
    • Continue to research Certified Sisterlocks (TM) Consultants in my area
    • Continue to grow and retain length ( the average length of my hair is about 5.5 inches of natural hair; I would like to begin my locs with roughly 8 inches of hair; I do not have relaxed ends)
    • Continue to wear my hair in protective styles 
  • February 2016
    • Consultation(s)
  • March 2016
    • Sisterlocks(TM) Establishment/Installation

So why the name Locs, Sweat and Heels?

  • Locs- Clearly, this blog is about my journey from loose natural hair to locs (specifically Sisterlocks TM). I also have a YouTube Channel which documents my natural hair journey and several big chops.
  • Sweat- I enjoy physical fitness. Running, HIIT training, P90X, Insanity, Fitness Challenges...yeah...call me crazy, but you will never call me lazy! I am also a full-time business owner/entrepreneur- I market health and beauty products.
  • Heels- I am a somewhat reformed Tomboy. I am the only drop of pink in a sea of blue in my home. My husband (Superman) and two sons (Batman and Ironman) keep things exciting around our home and I wouldn't have it any other way! I enjoy quality shoes- I can run short distances in heels and I am more comfortable in a pair of 3 inch peep-toes than flip flops (mainly because my arches are completely flat)!
I hope you enjoy this blog as I plan to document all the decision making, thoughts, curiosities, apprehensions, concerns, joys, disappointments and discoveries along the way!


EDITED TO ADD: My plan has changed, click here to learn about the new plan!

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment