Skip to main content

October Update::Another New Consultant?

Note: I wrote this post on October 28th. And then left it in draft mode until today (January 29, 2018).

I am just now posting it because I felt it wise to speak with all parties involved before sharing with whoever might read this post. Does anyone read this blog? Let me know.

This weekend (October 28th) I went for my 3rd re-tightening with my new consultant. The service is great, but the length of the service is just not working for me and my family.

Retie #1: 7 hours
Retie #2: 8.5 hours
Retie #3: 6.5 hours
Average Time: 7 hours 15 minutes

She is a trainee working part-time. My locs were tag-team established by a SL Trainer (meaning she conducts the 4 day SL Training Class Sessions) and a very experienced SL Consultant. They both work full-time providing SL services. 

I think my hair...at this point in time...is "too much" for my new consultant. I scheduled a full-out consultation with my original consultant to get her opinion on how my hair is progressing and her input on a few conversations, comments and recommendations from my new consultant.

She says that my locs are fine and gave me some advice and re-assurance in regards to the integrity of my locs and what I can do to help them mature.

I am going to see a new-new consultant in December...I have had my eye on her since back in my research phase/days. She is consultant D from my decision making chart. A few things have changed since I made that chart.

A quick run-down...

-Environment: Home salon
-Status: Certified Consultant
-Set Hours/Days: Re-tightening services are provided M-F 9am-4pm
-Distance: 1 hour (2 hours round-trip)

This means I can get  Batman and Robin (formerly Ironman) off to school, get my re-tightening service and be back before school dismissal. If she can do my re-tightening in 3-3.5 hours, I will come out at 5.5 hours; which is the shortest time of all my options:

Original Consultant: 7-7.5 hours (4 hours driving + 3-3.5 hours service)
Old-New Consultant: 8 hours (30 minutes driving + 7.5 hours service)
New-New Consultant: 5-5.5 hours (2 hours driving + 3-3.5 hours service)

I was just going to "tough it out" and pray for my old-new consultant's speed to increase, but I needed to move my December appointment and she did not have any availability. So I called my New-New Consultant and we had a pleasant conversation in addition to a nice text message exchange. She asked for pictures of my hair and wanted to know my loc count, etc. She also wanted to know how long my reties take on average. I used my salon average (of the close to 20 reties I've had over the past almost 2 years...all but 2 these last 2 have been in the 3-3.5 range. I think maybe once I had a 4 hour re-tightening...maybe...I'll say I did just to be fair and to keep me from having to dig through the archives.

So how does one break up with their consultant? You would think I would know since I am on consultant #3, but my original consultant and are on a break (Friends re-runs, anyone?). 

Comments

Kim said…
Thats hard. I wouldnt know. I've had one cknsilration thus far and 2 more scheduled. I spoke with a trainee who's work looked good in pictures but her install took 3 days. Im not sure i want to spend that much time for an installation. I hope to find a reliable and capable consultant between the 3 and i hope we can build a nice business and friend relationship

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment