Skip to main content

September Re-tightening::Bunching Update, 2nd Retie with New Consultant

I asked myself how did I skip my August re-tightening post...then saw it in the draft, then remembered that I made a change that was totally my fault and I ended up editing my August post and it auto-saved, so I just took it down...sigh.

Then I just looked and realized my September post was never posted. I have been full steam in a very productive season and I am now in a small lull.

Quick Recap: I am seeing a new consultant (watch this video to learn why). On to September
  • Age of my Locs: 1 year, 10 months, 10 days (or 22 months 10 days)
  • Weeks since last retie: 5 weeks
  • Length of retie:  8.5 hours...this has been the biggest adjustment to switching consultants. For those of you doing research on Sisterlocks, know that that timeframe is extremely high. I am used to 3-3.5 hours.
  • Slippage/Bunching/Loc Repair: My super soft temple area locs, and only 2 from the nape area! Whoot!Whoot! The majority of my nape locs have made it through 2 re-tightenings!
  • More about bunching: I snipped 33 of the locs that had the most bunching and have been attending to the ends to keep them smooth and from becoming misshaped.
  • Length: see fullness
  • Fullness: My hair does not look as full as normal. She is doing a reverse 4 on my perimeter and a 3 pattern everywhere else. Maybe the length is starting to weigh my hair down? Or maybe it is all in my head and the volume is the same. I feel like I have reached terminal volume- meaning I do not think my hair is going to get any bigger, but may begin to start showing more length now. 
  • Buds: nothing new
  • Sealed ends: 


  • Other noteworthy items
    • Weekly Shampoos: I have begun letting the Sisterlocks Starter shampoo sit on my hair for 20 or so minutes to help roughen my cuticles faster.
    • I am using a Vitagoods Scalp Massaging Shampoo Brush and I is such a treat! I think I shampoo my hair too vigorously, so I am working to remedy that by taking my fingers out of the shampoo equation. So far so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loc Styles Series for Short/Medium Locs

Does anyone read these posts? Leave a comment so I know I am not typing to myself. I started a Loc Style Series for Short/Medium Locs on my Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/p31diva) and thought I would share over here as well! keywords: sisterlocks style tutorials, sisterlocks styles, styles for short locs, styles for medium locs, loc styles for women, loc style tutorials for short sisterlocks, loc style tutorials for medium sisterlocks, spin pins ,five minute loc styles, quick loc style tutorials, easy loc style tutorials, loc updo tutorial, loc updo style for short to medium locs

The Sisterlocks Customer Starter Kit

The Official Sisterlocks Starter Kit should be included as part of the 3 part package per the Sisterlocks Website . My consultant gave me mine at the end of my establishment.  

Preparing my Hair for Sisterlocks

Following is how I plan to prepare my hair for both my Sisterlocks consultation and establishment appointments.   15 days until establishment Remove last weave-based protective style Shampoo and Deep Condition Hair Style: two flat twists   12 days until establishment Shampoo with Protein Treatment Hair Style: 2 flat twists 10 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY Consultation and Test Loc Establishment Day Post-Test Loc Hair Style: 2 flat twists two strand twists 4 days until establishment Shampoo, Protein Treatment* and Deep Condition Hair Style: 2 flat twists   0 days until establishment Shampoo ONLY *I am still debating on this 2nd Protein Treatment